Though it's called "Egg Devil" but there is nothing devilish in it...because of its high seasoning,the word devil is used.It is a very popular snacks item all over the world ...different people make this item in their own way..
I have done it in a very simple way and sharing that recipe....
- Hard boiled eggs:4(cut in halves)
- Another Beaten egg is needed for dip.
- Potato:2 large(boiled and smashed but not very smoothly)
- Onion paste:2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste :1 tbsp
- Chilli powder
- Dry roasted cumin powder
- A pinch of sugar
- Bread crumb
- For garnishing finely chopped onion,cucumber,carrot.
- At first heat litle oil in a pan and make it little hot.Then add the onion paste,stir it quickly and add the ginger garlic paste.Cook it for 2-4 minutes.
- Then add the smashed potato with it and mix it very well with the ginger garlic and onion paste.
- Add salt as per your taste, chilli powder,pinch of sugar and the dry roasted cumin powder.
- When the smashed potato will be mixed very well with all the masala turn off the gas and keep the potato mixture aside and let it be cool for some time.
- Now in a small bowl beat 1 egg with little salt.Make ready your bread crumb in a flat plate.
- Cut the each of the hard boiled egg longitudinally into two halves.
- Now take each of the piece(half) of the egg and cover it nicely with the smashed potato mixture and give it a oval shape.
- Take each of the oval shaped devil,dip it in the beaten egg and roll it on the bread crumb thoroughly.