Nimbu Chicken or Lemon Chicken is a very easy,hassle free yet creamy delicious chicken preparation which would be prepared in almost no time and would surely be loved by the each of your family members.
Here is how to make it..
- Chicken: 500 gm (small boneless pieces or with bones, I used the boneless ones)
- Lemons: Juice of 2 medium sized lemons.
- Ginger Paste: ½ Tablespoon
- Garlic Paste: ¾ Tablespoon
- Green Chilies: 3-4 (deseeded and cut in juliennes)
- Coriander Powder: ¾ tsp.
- Cumin Powder: ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder (optional): ½ tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: ½ tsp. (adjust according to your choice)
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ tsp.
- Salt: To taste
- Fresh Cream: 200 ml (I used a small packet of Amul fresh cream)
- Milk: ½ Cup.
- Butter: 75 gm
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces using a kitchen towel or tissue and marinate it with turmeric, salt and half of the lemon juice. Keep it inside the refrigerator for atleast 1 hour. (2 hours will be fine)
- Heat a kadhai or a pan (heavy bottomed) and melt the butter first. Once butter has melted down add the half of the julienned green chilies. Fry these for a while and add the ginger and the garlic paste. Fry for a minute and add the marinated chicken.
- Fry the chicken on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Then reduce the flame and add the dry spices i.e. coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix it thoroughly until the chicken pieces become well coated with all the spices.
- Add the milk and the fresh cream and mix very well.
- On low heat cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining lime juice and the rest of the green chillies and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Don’t forget to do a taste check and adjust the lime and add more salt at this time if required .
- Gravy should be little thick and taste little tangy.
- Turn off the flame and serve it with roti, parathas or phulkas.
Enjoy Your Food..!!!