The Best way to feed your kids is to attract them to the foods you made . They are too young to understand the health benefits or goodness of food. They only enjoy those foods which are tasty and look attractive. I know, all the moms have a specific list of foods which they don't want to give their kids and very interestingly those are the kid's most favourite foods. I generally try to restrict my daughter from the frozen foods, specially the French fries, smileys etc. etc. But, she loves them simply. So, I have found out an alternative way so that she can enjoy it.
Making French fries and potato smileys at home is not a big deal. The process is very simple and I can assure you that your little one will love it.
Here is the process of making Potato Smileys at home:
- Potato: 2 (boiled and smashed)
- Salt: To taste
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/4 tsp.
- Freshly Prepared Breadcrumbs: 2tbsp
- Cheese (any, preferably processed cheese): 1/2 cup(grated)
- Corn Flour: 2-3 tbsp.( to bind the potato tightly, you may need more)
- White oil: Enough to fry
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes very well.
- Add salt, grated cheese, bread crumbs and a little bit of corn flour for binding.
- Mix thoroughly. There should be no lumps and make patties of your desirable size.
- Use a cookie cutter to give them different shapes.
- With a knife or other sharp instrument make smiley faces on them.
- Keep them in fridge for sometimes.
- After 30 minutes to one hour take them out and sprinkle little corn flour on them, it will make them crispy.
- Directly deep fry them in hot oil.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or with your favourite dip.
Let Them Enjoy ...!!