When for the first time, I saw the picture of the marbel cake in a cook book I was totally surprised and thought that it requires an extra-ordinary baking skill to create something like this.But after reading the recipe, I understood that if I could follow each and every step with a little care then I too could easily prepare this beautiful cake.
After doing some research on the net about the recipe of this cake I found there are multiple recipes available but more or less the basic recipe and the result are almost same.Different people used different combinations to get the marbel effect, like vanilla - chocolate, chocolate - strawberry and few of them created the marbel effect using two diffetent food colours also. I really loved all of them.
I opted an easier recipe with vanilla - chocolate combination and made this for today's evening snacks.The result was really good .It made both my daughter and husband happy.
Here is the recipe:
- Cake Flour: 200 gm
- Powdered Sugar:200gm
- Baking Powder:1/2 tsp
- Salt:1/4 tsp
- Full cream milk/whole milk/Evaporated Milk:90ml
- Vanilla Essence:1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder:1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celcius. Grease a baking pan and dust the inside with flour; tap to remove the excess.
- At first put all the dry ingredients ,except sugar and the cocoa powder together and mix well.
- Then take another bowl, add the butter and the sugar.Butter should be kept at room tmperature.
- Beat the butter on medium speed for 3 minutes, add the sugar, and beat for another 3 minutes. Add the eggs, beating for 1 minute after each addition. if the batter curdles or stays curdled do not get worried. It will be fine.
- Now add the vanilla.
- Reduce to low speed and alternately add the flour (1/3 of the whole) and the milk (1/2 of the whole). Repeat it twice and end with the rest of the amount of the flour.
- Now divide the batter into two portions.
- I divided it into 1:3 proportion.
- Then add the cocoa powder in the 3/4 th portions of the batter and mix well.
- Your Chocolate batter and white batter both are now ready.
- Now take the baking tray.At first layer it with half of the white batter.
- Then add the whole chocolate batter on it.
- Add rest of the white batter on it.
- And swirl it with a knife or fork to bring the marbel effect.
- Bake it 35-40 minutes at 180 degree celcius until a toothpick inserted into it comes out dry.
- Remove it from oven,Cut and serve.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!!!