Yesterday again I made it and here comes the process of making Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala at home.
- Paneer: 200 gms
- Butter:3/4 tbsp.
- White Oil:1 tsp.
- Tomato Puree: 1/2 cup(fresh)
- Onion Paste:3 tbsp.
- Ginger Paste:1 tsp.
- Garlic Paste:1 tsp.
- Cashew Paste:2 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder:1 tsp.
- Salt:As per tatse
- Coriander Powder:1 tsp.
- Chili Powder:1 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder:1 tsp.
- Sugar:1/2 tsp.
- Kasori Methi ( Dried Fenugreek Leaves):1 tsp.
- Warm Water:1/2 cup
- Cinnamon:1 stick
- Bay Leaves:1
- Fresh Cream:2 tbsp.
- Soak the paneer cubes in warm water for 10-15 minutes and then saute them with little butter,pinch of salt and chili powder and keep them aside.
- Take 3/4 fresh tomatoes. Roughly chop and boil with 2 cups of water and little salt for 10-15 mins. Then make a smooth paste and keep the puree separately.
- Soak 10-12 cashews in luke warm milk for half an hour and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Now take a deep bottomed vessel and melt the butter along with the oil and add the bay leaves and the whole garam masala(cinnamon stick, cardamoms and cloves). Feel the fragnance and then add the onion paste. Fry on medium flame until the onion becomes translucent .
- Then add the ginger and the garlic paste.
- Now add all the spices accordingly, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and mix thoroughly.
- After few minutes add the tomato puree and cook until the raw smell goes off and oil starts to release from sides.
- Now add the cashew paste and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water , sauted paneer cubes ,kasori methi and mix well. Cover and simmer it for 8-10 minutes.
- Uncover the vessel, taste the seasoning, add more salt/sugar if required.
- Finally beat the cream and add.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, I couldn't add it this time as it was not their in my veg basket.
- Now your Restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with Pulao, roti, naan or paratha.
Enjoy Your Food...!