Eggs are the most preferred item at my home. Not only in breakfast, the other two members of my family love to relish it in the evening snacks or even in dinner or lunch. I am not an exception also in this matter. I like to make egg preparations for them and enjoy myself too. Today, I am going to share an egg recipe which is bit different and this one I learned from a culinary clan. Egg Mustard Curry…A very humble preparation which is impressively delicious too.
Since my childhood , I have seen that maa makes egg curry in different ways. One of those is Dim Posto,(eggs in poppy seeds paste) which is our hot favourite . In that preparation she sometimes adds mustard paste and chopped tomato with raw mustard oil to make it more delicious. But today’s egg mustard curry is bit different from that recipe too and we liked it so much that I am going to cook it over and over.
Anyway, let’s come to the recipe now:
- Eggs: 5-6
- Onions: 2 Medium Sized( finely shredded.)
- Smooth Mustard Paste: 1/4 Tea Cup
- Vinegar: 1 tbsp.
- Red chilli flakes
- Bengali Five Spices(Paanch phoron)( mix fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal parts): 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Green chillies: As per your choice.
- Salt to taste.
- Heat oil, add the panch phoron. When the seeds splutter, add the onions saute till they turn golden brown,
- Add the eggs slightly slit on three sides. Keep stirring till the eggs start looking uniformly golden,
- Add chilli flakes, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the mustard paste and keep stirring on low heat till the ingredients form a rich gravy.
- Add vinegar. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve garnished with fresh green chillies on plain rice and enjoy .
Enjoy Your Food...!!!