It always gives me an immense pleasure whenever I prepare something, which my little one loves most."Chicken lollipop" is one of her most favorite appetizers. Though it is not exactly a specific dish for the kids but I have to modify it in such a way that she can enjoy it to its fullest. Due to its hot spiciness my daughter can never enjoy this dish outside. She is always in a dilemma as she neither can eat the dish and nor can leave it.
Actually this is a true fact that,whenever there is a little kid in your house,you need to adjust your choice of spices according to her.So, I prepared it in such a way so that not only my daughter but also all the little kids can enjoy it.
Here is the recipe:
- Chicken Drumettes(Lollipop shaped chicken wings):8-10 ( I used store bought drumettes but trimming the chicken breast with a sharp big knife these can be made at home also).
- Ginger Paste:1 tsp
- Garlic Paste:1 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce: 2 tbsp
- White Pepper Powder:1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder: 2-3 tsp
- Cornflour:2 tbsp
- Large Eggs:2
- Freshly Prepared Bread Crumbs:1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry.
Chicken Drumettes( store bought)
Batter made with eggs,white pepper,chilli powder ,salt and cornflour
Dipping into the batter..
Rolling on the Bread Crumb
Ready To Fry
- At First make a marinade with the soya sauce,chilli powder,ginger garlic paste and little salt.Be careful while you are adding salt as soya sauce has salt itself.
- Marinate the chicken with the mix for 1 hr.
- Then take a bowl.
- Beat the eggs very well
- Add the cornflour,chilli powder,salt and the white pepper powder and mix very well to make a smooth batter.
- Now Keep the bread crumb ready.
- Put a thick bottomed vessel in the oven and add enough oil for frying.
- Deep fry is preferable but shallow fry is also ok.
- Now take a piece of chicken drumettes and dip into the egg batter.Be careful so that the drumette should be dipped properly into the batter.
- Then roll it on the bread crumb in such a way that it is well coated by the crumbs.
- Now repeat the process with all the chicken drumettes.
- Heat the oil
- When the oil is appropriately hot,drop the drumettes carefully into the kadhai,not more than 3/4 at a time .The number of frying them at a time actually depends on the size of your kadhai.Just make sure that during frying you could properly fry all the sides.
- On a medium or low heat fry them until crisp and brown in color.
- To absorb the excess oil,put them first in the tissue paper.
- Then serve it with tomato ketch up and salad of your choice.
- It could be served with the hot garlic sauce but that I didnt not prepare this time .
Enjoy Your Food ...!!!