Spicy Egg Curry....Dim Kosha..!! Egg Masala..!!
According to a study, having eggs for breakfast is good for losing weight, as it keeps people satiated for a longer time.But the utmost egg addicted people like me,dont need any excuse to eat them at anytime of the day.:P
My hubby and my four year old daughter equally love eggs. It's true that both of them never complain against anything I prepare for them but the eggs always bring a smile of satisfaction to their faces.Though I prefer eggs mostly for breakfast but somewhere the typical Bengali mentality encourages me to cook eggs sometimes for lunch or dinner also.
Anyway, due to the Bengali New Year celebration and my hubby's birthday ,I made loads of high calorie foods since last few days. So yesterday morning I wanted to go for something very simple. In these times, generally I prefer fruits and sandwiches but my egg craving nature had compelled me to prepare Spicy Egg Curry and Roti for my lunch.
Dim kosha (Spicy Egg Curry) is my very favourite item learned from my best ever teacher Maa. But she never used garlic in her egg/fish or veg preparations but this time I added few crushed garlic and made literally a very spicy and hot Dim kosha. Ummmmm I simply love it.
Here is the recipe:
- Eggs: 4 (hard )
- Tomato: 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion: 1 large(finely chopped/paste)
- Ginger paste: 1 tsp
- Garlic Cloves:4-5(crushed)
- Cumin Powder:1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder:1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp(as per your choice)
- Bay Leaves:1
- Green Chilli:2 (Optional)
- Salt: To taste
- Sugar:1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder:1 tsp
- Water:1/4 cup.
- Mustard Oil: 4-5 tbsp.
- Hard boil the eggs and deshell them .
- In a pan add little mustard powder and fry the boiled eggs with little turmeric powder and salt until golden yellow in color. Keep them aside.
- Now add rest of the mustard oil in the same pan.
- Add the sugar and caramelise it .
- Then add the crushed garlic,bay leaves and green chilli.
- Fry the garlic until little brown.
- Then add the chopped tomato and cook until the tomatoes become mushy
- Add the chopped onion,little salt,turmeric powder,kashmiri red chilli powder and the cumin powder.Mix very well and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the ginger paste and mix well.Cook until the oil starts to release from the sides.
- Now add the fried eggs into the mix.You may prick the fried eggs with a fork so that during cooking the masala can enter inside the eggs.
- On a gentle flame cook for another 3-4 mintues.
- Add the water and mix very well .
- Increase the flame little, adjust the gravy and taste the seasoning.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle garam masala powder .
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves
- Serve with roti,rice or paratha.
Enjoy Your Food..!!