“SUMMER” – the word itself brings a lot of heat in INDIA. But heat itself is not the core thing which brings worry to this side of the world. Heat brings many sidekicks which are even bigger reason to raise your heart beats. Dehydration, indigestion, stomach upset, infections are few to name. Spices are something which highly need to be avoided as they create the above mentioned issues if not used appropriately. So the question comes what to eat?? Without spices the food seems blunt and no one wants to eat a healthy food which is not tasty. Then the bigger question comes to find exactly what spices to eat and exactly how much amount so that a food can be healthy enough to beat the heat and tasty enough to beat the tongue.
As I mentioned in my earlier posts that the Mother Nature provides a huge set of fruits and vegetables during this summer season to cope with the extreme heat. So here comes the recipe of a mix vegetable gravy which is not only tasty but also extremely healthy and can be eaten daily without harming either the health or tongue.
So, here comes the recipe:
- Potato: 2 (Peeled & Cut into wedges)
- Raw Banana: 2 (Peeled & Cut in small Pieces)
- Pointed Gourd: 4 (Peeled and cut in small pieces)
- Ridge Gourd: 2 (Peeled & Cut in small Pieces)
- Cauliflower: 1 Cup florets
- Tomato :1 large and juicy ( cut in cubes)
- Ginger Paste: 2 tsp.
- Coriander Seeds Paste : 2 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds Paste:2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder :1 tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Sugar : 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds (Whole) : 1 tsp.
- Green Chili :3-4 nos.
- Coriander Leaves
- Oil: White or Mustard (3-4 tbsp)
- Water: 3-4 Cups
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed vessel andd temper with cumin seeds and green chili. Once the cumin seeds start to crackle add the tomato pieces and stir well. Cook until the tomato becomes little mushy.
- Now add all the vegetables and fry them in medium flame with salt and turmeric powder for few minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, cumin-coriander seeds paste, sugar, coriander leaves and mix thoroughly with all the vegetables.
- Cook until oil starts releasing from the sides of the vessel.
- Pour the water now, increase the flame and cover the vessel with a lead and cook until the vegetables are done properly.
- Uncover the vessel and taste the seasoning. Add salt or sugar if required.
- As it is a watery gravy add some more water if required and cook for some more time.
- Turn off the flame. Summer special vegetable curry with watery gravy is ready . Serve it with steaming hot rice and enjoy with a slice of lemon and a wedge of onion.
Enjoy Your Food..!!!