Spinach,a leafy green vegetable, are among the most nutritious of low calorie foods. It is an incredible immune system booster that can protect you against myriad health problems throughout your life.
But to be very frank I don't like its taste so much.So,since few days I was looking for a good recipe which will help me and my family to eat spinach.
It's none other than the most gorgeous ,"Devalina didi" (Devalina Sen,a renowned doctor by profession) posted a very interesting recipe of spinach and egg curry and I followed the same with few variations and it turned out really good.My heart core thanks to her. Not only it has become my favorite recipe but also my family members liked it very much.
Here is the recipe:
- Spinach:2 bunches(chopped)
- Eggs:4(hard boiled)
- Onion:2 medium(smoothly chopped)
- Ginger Paste:1 tsp
- Garlic:3-4 cloves (crushed)
- Cumin powder :1 tsp
- Red chili powder :1 tsp
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tsp
- Whole Garam Masala: 1 Cinnamon Stick, 2/3 green cardamoms and 2/3 cloves.
- Sugar:1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup cashew paste
- Water: 1/2 Cup (warm)
- Fresh cream:2 tbsp.(Optional)
- Boil the eggs and peel them off .Fry them with little oil and turmeric powder until golden.Set them aside.
- Wash and chop the spinach and strain the excess water.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm milk for 15 minutes and make a smooth paste of it.
- Now in your kodhai/wok heat oil and add whole garam masala(1 cinnamon stick,2 cardamons and 2-3 cloves). Once you feel the aroma add the sugar and fry it till little brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry it slightly .
- Now add the chopped tomato and sprinkle little salt. Soon the tomato will be mushy and pulpy.
- Then add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.Then add the ginger paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook very well until the oil separates from the spices.
- Then add the chopped spinach. As the spinach will release a lot of water it will be cooked in its own water. But I added 1/2 cup of warm water .
- Cook covered until the spinach becomes very mushy .
- Now uncover the wok and add the cashew paste. Give a very good stir.
- Now prick the boiled eggs with a fork and add them into the spinach gravy.
- Cook the gravy in medium flame for 4/5 minutes.
- Increase the flame little and adjust the gravy according to your choice. Don't forget to check the seasoning. If required add salt and sugar.
- Add the fresh cream(though I didn't add)
- Now your Palak Aanda is ready to serve.
- Serve it with Paratha, roti or puri. It tastes heavenly.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!