Fundamentally cakes and brownies are dissimilar from each other. Brownies have chewy or cookie like consistency and they have a crackled top whereas cakes are light and fluffy with smooth top. Generally cakes tend to have more flour, while brownies tend to have more butter (melted) or oil. During baking a cake, baking powder and baking soda are used as the basic ingredients whereas in case of baking most of the brownies, baking powder and baking soda are not necessary.
But in my version, I have used baking powder and made a soft ,moist and rich chocolaty brownie. Though here I have mentioned to use unsalted butter but you may use salted butter too. But if you are doing this just skip the use of salt stated in the recipe ingredients. To give a extra crunchiness to the brownies use of walnuts or almonds are the must but I didn’t use them as my daughter doesn’t want to eat them. For a double chocolaty taste in this recipe I have used some chocolate chips also. If you don’t want you may not have to use this.
Here comes the recipe:
- All Purpose Flour: ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar: 1 Cup
- Salt: ¼ tsp.
- Baking Powder: 2 tsp.
- Cocoa Powder: ½ Cup
- Unsalted Butter (Melted/Cooled): ½ Cup
- Unsweetened Yogurt: 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp.
- Chocolate Chips (Optional): ½ Cup
- Chopped Walnut/Almonds (Optional): ½ Cup
- Water: ½ Cup (If required)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Centigrade or 350 degree Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add in all the dry ingredients together i.e. all-purpose flour, sugar, salt(if using) and baking powder. Add in the cocoa powder and mix thoroughly. Make sure that there is no lump in the mixture.
- Now melt the butter in microwave or in oven and let it cool down completely.
- Take a big bowl and add the melted butter, yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk it thoroughly until you get a very smooth, creamy and, lump free mixture.
- Add in the dry ingredients gradually into the liquid mixture and mix well. But do not over mix. During this time if you find that the mixture is too tight you may add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and almond or walnuts if you are using. Mix well.
- Now take a baking pan and grease it with butter or oil. Line it with parchment paper with sides up. Actually with the use of parchment paper it will be easy to lift up the brownie after baking. Grease the parchment paper also with butter.
- Now pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it inside the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes (The times actually depends on the power of the oven, it may take even 45-50 minutes).
- Check the brownie by inserting a fork or tooth pick. If it comes out clean then the brownie is ready.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool completely. Once the brownie cools down completely demold it and cut it into square pieces. Dust them with some powder sugar and serve. You may serve it with vanilla ice-cream also.
Enjoy Your Food..!!!