The recipe is very simple and quick.
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 2 cups white oil
- At first wash and peel off the potatoes .Then cut into very thin and fine strips. To make it more quick you may grate the peeled potato.
- Then soak them in a large bowl of cold water for 1 hour.It would be much better if you could keep it inside the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottom vessel.
- When the oil gets very hot add the potato strips and fry them in medium flame until the potatoes become fried and crispy.
- Meanwhile You may add curry leaves and peanuts for better taste.
- Now strain the crispy and fried potato strips from pan with a perforated spoon and spread on a flat plate. Sprinkle salt and serve.
- Tip: Don't try to fry all the potato at a time. It will stick to each other and you will not get the thin separate fried strips. So add them in two or three different batches and fry.