Shahi Paneer is a traditional North Indian preparation.'Shahi' means Royal. The Paneer lover can make a beeline for this dish.hahaha...Actually it is a very old dish and a very rich vegetarian preparation.In this recipe Paneer pieces are cooked in a thick, creamy and spicy gravy of tomato, onion and cashewnuts paste.
Here is the recipe:
- Cut the paneer in small cubes.Soak them in warm water for few minutes.And then fry in a pan with little oil and salt.Keep them aside.
- Soak the cashewnuts in warm milk for 15-20 minutes.And make a thick and smooth paste of it.
- Heat oil/ghee in a frying pan. Add sugar ,fry it till brown and then add the onion paste and let it fry till it gets translucent.
- Now add ginger, garlic paste, cardamoms,cinnamon sticks and green chilies(optional).
- Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt .
- Stir the mixture and fry it for 2-3 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and cashew paste and cook it for 5-6 mins.
- Add beaten curd, tomato sauce and cook it again.
- Now,add the water based on the thickness of the gravy required and let it cool.
- Blend it with blender .
- Now pour the gravy back in the pan. Add paneer cubes and gently simmer it for few minutes.
- Now add the cream .
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Your dish is now ready to serve.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!