It's my privilege that one of the most famous social networking site has given me the chance to come in contact with few personalities who have some astonishing capability ,creativity. This time I would like to convey my gratitude to Jayanta Da, ( Jayanta Das), whose professional qualifications can amaze anybody simply. Still his creativity in the culinary world is so remarkable. I am a regular follower of his wonderful page, https://www.facebook.com/JDHomeKitchen
( Jayanta's Home Kitchen) and hence I would like to request all my friends and followers to visit the amazing page.
I tried this Doi Begun (Yoghurt in Aubergine) preparation following his recipe. Needless to say that it was just extremely good in taste and I am going to try it again.
Here comes the recipe:
- Egg Plant/Aubergine :4(midum size longish ones, slit them from the middle till the stem)
- Onion: 1 large( Finely Chopped)
- Dry Red Chilli:2
- Turmeric Powder:2 tsp
- Salt : To taste
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder:1 tsp.
- Unsweetened Yoghurt:1/2 Cup
- Gram Flour(Besan): 1tsp.
- At first take the eggplants and slit them from the middle till the stem and coat them with salt and turmeric powder.
- Now heat 1 tsp of mustard oil in a kadhai(wok) and add them into the pan. On medium flame fry them carefully. You may cover the kadhai while frying them .It will help you to make the eggplants soft very quickly. But be careful so that the eggplants are not burnt.Once they become soft and little blackish in colour take them out of the pan and soak the excess oil keeping them on a tissue paper.
- Discard the fried oil if any.
- Heat some more mustard oil in the same kadhai and add onions, two red chillies and saute it well.
- Now add Kashmiri red chilli powder, little turmeric powder and salt to taste. Be Careful while you are adding salt,as the eggplants already have salt.
- Once the onions are golden brown and nicely done, add one and half cups of nicely whipped curd with half a tea spoon of besan.
- Add the fried eggplants and wait for 1-2 minute at low flame and let the eggplants mix with the grave very well.
- Turn off the flame and now your Doi Begun is ready.
- Let the mix stand for another 15 mintues before you serve.
Enjoy Your Food...!!