Chicken Cutlets ,specially those which are made with minced chicken (chicken keema), reminds me of my college canteen, which was truly famous for the chicken cutlets and egg devils. During our college days, at the leisure periods, very often, we used to go to the canteen either for the cutlet or for the devil. I should mention that with this loads of sweet memories are coming to my mind. All the Lovely College memories, the PJ's, teasing friends with their crushes, some fights and making new friends, the gossiping, chatting, class bunking and loads and loads of other beautiful memories which are stored in my mind like a treasure.
Anyway, after a long time, rather after many years to recapitulate those sweet memories , I prepared this at home and tried to make a beautiful evening with my beloved ones.
This time I made it in such a way that the youngest and the little member of your family could easily enjoy it .
Here is the process of making Chicken Cutlet.
- Minced Chicken:250gm.
- Onion:2 Medium (chopped)
- Garlic: 7-8 cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger: 1" (Chopped finely or grated)
- Bell Peppers: Red, Yellow and Green, 1/2 cup chopped.
- Lemon Juice/Vinegar :2 tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder:1/2 tsp.
- Chilli Powder:1 tsp. (adjust according to your taste)
- Salt: As per taste
- Garam Masala Powder:1/2 tsp.
- Oil: 2 tbsp. (for marinate and cook chicken) and 1/2 cup for deep frying
- Water(optional): 2 tbsp. or less
- Bread Crumbs:1 cup
- Eggs:2 ( to bind the chicken) + 1 .
- Wash the minced chicken properly and make sure to drain all the water from it.
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice (or vinegar) , salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder ,little oil and all the chopped ingredients like chopped onion, ginger, garlic and bell peppers and keep it for half an hour to 1 hour.
- Now heat two tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken . On a low to medium flame cook the chicken until the oil comes out from the sides and the chicken becomes tender. At this time you may sprinkle little water on it and cook it covered for another few minutes.But be careful so that the minced chicken could not be over fried.
- Turn the gas off and let it cool for sometimes.
- Then mix the cooked minced chicken with 2 beaten eggs and 2-3 table spoon of bread crumbs to bind the chicken tightly.
- Now make oval or rectangular shaped cutlets from the chicken .Using your palms give them a flat shape.
- Then beat an another egg with a pinch of salt in a bowl and spread the rest of the bread crumbs in a flat plate.
- Dip each of the cutlet into the beaten egg and coat them with the bread crumbs very well.
- Now heat enough oil in a pan and then deep fry the bread coated cutlet until crisp.
- Soak the excess oil from the fried cutlets using a kitchen towel or tissue paper.
- Serve them with your favourite sauce and salad.
Enjoy Your Food...!