Cauliflower is one of the most important winter vegetables in India. Though recently we get this vegetable throughout the year but I can remember few years ago, this was only available in winter. Maa used to cook this vegetable,in winter in various ways. During that time this wasn't my favourite vegetable but after growing up and knowing its nutritional facts and health benefits I try to cook it more often at home. It has good source of antioxidants, sulforaphane ( anti cancer phytochemicals) , dietary fibres and many more. Moreover it is one of those vegetables which boosts your child's brain development.
Cauliflower can be cooked in numerous ways . Today , the recipe I am going to share is slightly different but you will love its delectable taste.
Here is the recipe:
- Cauliflower Florets: 1 1/2 Cup
- Onion: 1/2 Cup roughly chopped
- Ginger: 1 '' (Paste)
- Tomato: 1 Large (chopped)
- Green Chilli : 1-2 ( chopped, you may increase the amount).
- Salt: As per Taste
- Turmeric Powder:1/4 tsp.
- Sugar: 1/4 tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tsp.( adjust according to your taste)
- Yoghurt:: 2 tbsp.
- Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Cream: 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon Stick:1
- Cardamoms: 4/5
- Oil: 1 tbsp.
- Break the cauliflower in florets and wash well. Take enough water in a microwave safe bowl and put the cauliflower florets in it . Add some salt and on full power heat that for 8-10 mins. It will almost boil the cauliflower florets and the florets will become little soft. Drain the excess water and keep the florets aside.
- Now heat little oil in a non stick pan and slightly fry the florets and keep them aside.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and add the whole garam masala ( cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamoms) and feel the fragrance.
- Now add the onions and fry them until translucent.
- Add the green chillis and tomatoes. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger paste and mix well. Cook for another 2/3 minutes.
- Add the fried florets ,salt,sugar,turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix well.Cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- Meanwhile mix the yoghurt with the milk and whisk well. Pour this mixture into the pan and mix thoroughly.Cover and cook for 5/6 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the watery gravy dries up.
- Tatse the seasoning now and add little more salt and sugar if required.
- Add the cream and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha garnishing it with fresh coriander leaves.
Enjoy Your Foods..!