Making breakfast in every morning makes me feel demented sometimes, especially when I find there is almost nothing in my fridge, not even a single egg. This Potato Sandwich which I learned to make from my hubby literally acts as a life saver at those times.The process is very easy and quick yet it makes a wholesome and delicious breakfast for you and your little one too. It requires only few ingredients which you always have in your kitchen pantry.
Here is the entire process:
- Potato: 1 medium
- Onion:1 medium (sliced)
- Ginger:1/2 " (crushed)
- Garlic:1/2 cloves( crushed)
- Bell Peppers:red/green /yellow ( 1/4 th of each, thin slice or any one of them which you have at that time)
- Green Chili: 1/2 (chopped)
- Coriander Powder:1 tsp.
- Crushed Black Pepper :1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: A pinch
- Chili Powder:1/4 th tsp.
- Salt: As per taste
- Bread: 3
- Butter:2 tsp.( at room temperature)
- At first wash, peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. In a microwave safe bowl add those potato cubes ,2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and on full power heat it for 10-12 minutes. You may require little more or less time to boil it as the functions of different microwaves may vary. Otherwise using gas oven you may boil your potatoes.Once it is done drain the excess water and let it comes to room temperature. Then mash it coarsely.
- Then Take a non stick pan and add little butter into it. Once it becomes hot add the crushed ginger,garlic, onion slices and slices of the bell peppers and on medium heat saute them for few minutes. Sprinkle little salt ,turmeric powder, chili powder and mix well.
- Now add the mashed potato into the same pan and mix thoroughly. You don't need to cook for a long period of time . Just after two or three minutes sprinkle the crushed black pepper and check the seasoning. Add more salt or pepper if required.
- Turn off the flame and take the potato mix out of the pan and keep it separately and let it get cool for sometime.
- Now take one slice of bread and put some of the ( as much as you want) potato mixture in one side of it.Then cover it with another bread slice.
- Repeat the process for the other slices of the bread and then cut each of them diagonally to make a triangular shaped sandwich.
- Now heat the rest of the butter into a non stick flat pan or tawa. On medium flame slightly fry the both sides of the each sandwich till little golden spot appear.
- Take them out of the pan and serve with your favorite drink or juice. I bet you will simply love this .
Enjoy Your Food...!!!