Ilisher Begun Jhal /Hilsha with Eggplant Curry is an exceptionally trouble-free, time saving and lip smacking preparation. When you have to arrange some foods very quickly for your guests with the least ingredients yet you want to satisfy their taste buds to the full degree, then blindly, go for this recipe. Surely you will be identified as a marvelous cook to your family unit and friends and acquaintances.
To be very honest, though I heard about this recipe a lot but I never dared to try it as eggplant is not my favorite vegetable. But this time for a change tried it and it was so scrumptious, so delicious that I regretted for not trying this before.
Here is the recipe for you all .
- Hilha Fish Steaks: 5-6 nos.
- Egg Plants/Brinjal: 2 (long ones,slit length wise)
- Turmeric Powder: 2 tsp.
- Salt: To Taste
- Green Chili: 4-5 nos.
- Onion Seeds/Kalonji: 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek Seeds/Methi: ¼ tsp. ( Optional)
- Water: 1 ½ Cup ( preferably warm)
- Mustard Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Wash and pat dry the fishes. Marinate these with salt, turmeric powder and a little bit of oil and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants length wise and marinate these also with salt and turmeric powder.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil in a pan an slightly fry the fish steaks and keep aside.
- Then discard the fried oil and add 1-2 tsp of fresh oil into the pan, heat it and fry the eggplants for a while. Keep the fried egg plants aside and discard the fried blackish oil.
- Take a vessel and heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil. Temper with onion seeds ,fenugreek seeds and the green chilies. When the seeds start sputtering add the fried egg plants, stir for a while and add the water. Now add salt, turmeric powder and boil it for few minutes.
- Now add the fried fish steaks into it,lower the flame and cover the vessel. Simmer for few minutes until the fishes are done. Taste the season, if required add little more salt.
- Hilsha with egg plant is ready. Serve it with steaming hot rice. It is something you can never forget once you try.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!