The other day in the fruit market, when I found beautiful fresh sweet plums,I bought few of them and decided instantly that I would make plum jam with them. These fruits are not only fun to eat but they are also highly nutritious. As with other dried fruits, they are available year round. These are an excellent source of Potassium, Calcium and Vitamin C. Not only that but also these are rich in fibers too.
Now let’s come to the point and start discussing the recipe. I made this jam with a very simple process and didn't use pectin too. As preservative I used lemon juice which will keep the jam fresh for few months.
- Plums: 5-6 nos. (Chopped, discarding the seeds inside)
- Sugar (preferably powdered) :1/2 Cup or as per your choice.
- Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp.
- Ginger Paste: 1 tbsp.(very smooth)
- Salt: 1 tsp.
- Water : 2 Cups
- White Oil: 1/4th tsp.
- Cook the chopped plums with water for few minutes until it becomes tender. Turn off the flame . Drain the excess water and let it cool for some time.
- Now coarsely blend the boiled plum using a blender.
- Now, heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil becomes hot add the boiled plum along with the ginger paste, salt and sugar and stir it very well. Let it cook for some time on high flame, stirring occasionally until a smooth, shiny texture comes. Once done, make the flame very low and add the lemon juice. Stir it well and on the low flame cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame now. Your plam jam is ready. Let it cool and put it inside a container. Keep it inside the refrigerator or outside. It will be fine for few months.