It is a very informal, fast, hassle-free juicy yet crispy chicken preparation which may turn your sluggish weekend afternoon into an enjoyable one.You can serve it as an appetizer too before your main course meal.
Here goes the recipe:
- Chicken : 8-10 pieces(you can use curry cut chicken pieces, drumsticks or drumettes too.If you are using drumsticks or very large chicken pieces don't forget to slit the pieces with a sharp knife so that the marinade can enter inside and the chicken pieces can be cooked uniformly.)
- Onion Paste: 3 tbsp.
- Ginger Paste:1 ½ tsp.
- Garlic Paste:2 tbsp.
- Vinegar:1 tbsp.
- Yogurt:2 tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2tsp.
- Chili Powder:1 tsp (or as per your taste).
- Cumin Seeds :1 tbsp.
- Gram Flour : 2 tbsp.
- Salt: To taste.
- Mustard Oil :1 tbsp (for marination)
- White Oil :1/2 Cup (to deep fry) .
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces with a kitchen cloth.
- Marinate it with above mentioned all the ingredients except the white oil and keep it inside the refrigerator for atleast 1 hour (preferably 2-3 hours).
- Now heat the oil very well in a deep bottomed vessel and fry them on medium flame till the chicken pieces become tender and done completely. For a better result you may fry one or two chicken pieces at a time.
- Soak the excess oil using a tissue. Serve hot garnished with onion rings, and lemon wedges.
Enjoy Your Food...!!