Choruibhati Style(Jungle style) Egg Curry with Somenath dada's Recipe:
It has been a long time ,I couldnt able to update my recipes.So,first of all I am apologising to all of my dearest freinds.Due to my daughter's final term exam,her annual day program at school and due to some household responsiblities and moreover due to the interruption in the broadband services I didnt get time or scope to seat in front of my laptop and write the recipes.
Thank you very much for your patience .I would like to request all my friends to keep an eye on my food page,I will update all the pending recipes one by one.
Anyway I should come to the point now.Today I am sharing the recipe of "Dimer Jhol"(Egg Curry) in Somnath dada's style.
Dimer Jhol or Egg Potato curry is one of the soul food of Bengal.At my home,most of the time though I use eggs for breakfast or evening snacks ,sometimes whenever I feel very lazy, I opt this for lunch and dinner also.Because egg preparations always requeire a very minimum effort yet satisfy our taste buds completely.
It's my privilage that through a social networking site I have come in contact with few wonderful food lovers friends. Their preparations,presentations,innovations inspire me in all the ways.This time I was inspired by Somnath Dada's "choruibhati style dimer jhol" (Jungle style Egg Curry). The recipe is slightly different from the usual ones,as it is very rich and has an excellent rich aroma.I modified it slightly in my own way and the reslut was really good.
Here is the recipe:
- Big Size Eggs(Hen or Duck) - 4 pcs
- Potato- 2 medium, (diced )
- Tomato- 1 medium(chopped)
- Onion - 1 medium, (paste)
- Onion - 1 medium(thin sliced)
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Green chillis:1-2( as per choice/optional)
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder:1/4 tsp(as per choice)
- Cumin Seeds - 1tsp
- Coriander Seeds:1.5 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick:1
- Green Cardamom:3
- Bay leaf:1
- Mustard Oil
- Water:1 cup(or little more)
- Salt:As per taste
- Sugar: For caramelisation
- Garam masala Powder:1 tsp
- Wash,peel and dice the potato in quarters.Heat little mustard oil in a pan and fry the diced potato with turmeric powder and salt till golden yellow in color .Keep them aside.
- Now hard boil the eggs,deshell them and in the similar way fry them golden yellow and keep them aside.
- Now,make a paste of ginger and garlic together.Add few green chillies while making paste (optional)
- Chopped the tomatoes finely.
- Dry roast the cumin,coriander seeds and the red chilli.Pound them coarsely.
- Now add the mustard oil in the kadhai and heat it.
- Add little sugar and caramalise it.
- Add the bay leaves,cinnamon,cloves and the cardamoms.
- When the aroma comes out, add the onion paste .Saute until it turns into translucent golden.
- Add the grated ginger, garlic and chilli. saute for a few more minutes.
- When the oil starts to release add the sliced onions and saute it for few more time.
- Now add tomato paste, pounded coriander and cumin, turmeric and chilli powder and saute.
- Sprinkle a little water to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Add the fried potatoes.
- Keep cooking until the nice golden color comes out.
- Add 1 cup of water . Mix well.
- Cover and cooking until the potatoes become soft.
- Add the fried eggs. Mix with the gravy check seasoning (salt, sugar) and cover and cook in medium for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the flame to adjust the gravvy
- Sprinkle little garam masala powder .
- Turn off the flame and serve with rice/roti/paratha or puri.