My four year old little one always complains me, "Mamma amay kichhu banate dao na keno tumi"??? " "Mamma why don't you allow me to cook something??". She is not happy with her Kitchen set, or toys. She wants the real ones like me. I cant make her understand by any way that she has to grow up for this. But listening my reply she becomes upset and starts to complain again," Why am I not growing up fast??" .I guess you can easily understand my situation.
Now summer vacation has started at her school. I thought this is the proper time to do something which might make her happy. So, last weekend I engaged her making chocolate cookies. I enjoyed her cheerful face after that. She gave me a tight hug and said,"thank you mamma, I am a Big Girl now..!!! " :)))
Anyway,I should come to the point now. Here is the process of making chocolate cookies.
- Butter: 1 stick(100 gm) ( Room temperature)
- Powder Sugar:1 cup
- Egg:1 large
- Cocoa Powder:1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract:1/2 tbsp.
- All Purpose Flour: 1 Cup
- Baking Soda:1/2 tsp
- Salt:1/4 tsp
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together with a hand /electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated.
- You will get a nice non sticky dough after mixing.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degree centigrade just for 5 minutes.
- Take a baking tray,place a butter paper on it or otherwise simply grease it with little butter.
- Now make small balls from the dough and give them cookie shape or as you want.
- Place the balls in the baking tray.
- Bake them at 200 degree centigrade for 15-20 minutes.
- Your Chocolate Cookies are now ready.
Enjoy Your Food...!!