Before I start to write the recipe I have a question to my those friends who have a toddler or a little pre school goer at home. How do you deal with them while feeding? uffff...sometimes I just become tired and exhausted with my 4 year old. In this world she loves only few foods with which I have strong objections. She loves pasta, noodles, pizza, burgers and all the fried stuffs. OMG..! Sometimes I just fail to control her. Therefore I have made some rules at my home just because of her health . I only give her such type foods once or twice in a week. But honestly,on that particular day, I really love to see her gleeful face.
This week, I thought of making Chicken Arrabiata Pasta which she loves very much specially in Pizza Hut. I took a chance to make it at home this time. To be frank, it was not a big deal and it came out wonderful .
Here comes the recipe:
- Pasta (Penne works Best):250 gm
- Olive Oil:2-3 tsp.
- Boneless Chicken:200 gm.(chopped into bite size pieces)
- Onion:1 Medium (finely chopped)
- Garlic:4-5 cloves (Finely diced)
- Tomatoes:5 (chopped)
- Tomato Puree:1 tbsp.
- Chilli Flakes: A good pinch
- Chilli:1 (deseeded and chopped) (optional,I didn't use)
- Fresh Basil Leaves: Few
- Black Pepper: A Pinch
For the Béchamel Sauce:
- Cold Milk:1 Cup
- Plain Flour:2 tbsp.
- Parmesan Cheese: 2 tbsp. Grated.
- Salted Butter:2 tbsp.
- How to make the Béchamel Sauce:
- First melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour. When it's done it should be turned into light or medium brown color.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk constantly. The mixture should thicken.
- When it becomes ready, take off the heat
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir continuously.
- How to make the Pasta:
Ready to Bake
- At first boil the pasta (penne) according to the instruction written on the back side of the packet. Generally pasta should be cooked with enough water and little salt with in 10 minutes.
- Strain the excess water and wash them under the running tap water and sprinkle little oil on the boiled pasta. It helps to keep the pasta non sticky and separated from each other.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chilli flakes (and fresh chilli if using).
- Add the chicken and when the chicken pieces turns into brown add the onion.
- When almost cooked add the tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer until thickened.
- Add the basil at the last moment and season with black pepper to taste.
- Mix the chicken and tomato sauce with the pasta and place in an ovenproof bowl.
- Pour the béchamel sauce over the top and cook at around 180c until the béchamel sauce is golden and crispy.
- When done, take it out of the oven mix the golden béchamel with all the pasta and serve.
Enjoy Your Food..!