A very tasty and healthy rice preparation which is extremely easy to make and hence less time consuming and fuss free . It is very good for your little one's lunch box too.
Here is the entire process of making Burnt Garlic and Chili Flavoured Soya Fried Rice:
- Basmati Rice: 1 Cup (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
- Soya Chunks:1 Cup
- Lemon Juice:2 tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Cashew Nuts:10/15 nos.
- Onion : 1 (chopped)
- Green Bell Pepper /Capsicum : 1 (Chopped)
- Refined Oil:2 tbsp.
- Dry Whole Red Chili:2
- Red Chili Powder:1 tsp.
- Salt:To taste
- Garlic:1 tbsp .(Crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger Paste:1 tsp.
- Water: As per the requirement.
- Cook the rice until 70% done. You may cook your rice in microwave too. But while boiling the rice don't forget to add a pinch of garam masala powder, 1 tsp of white oil and 1 tsp of lime juice or vinegar ( it will keep the rice grains separated from each other and make the rice more whitish). Drain the excess water and spread the rice on a flat plate.
- Now boil the soya chunks in water with a pinch of salt till they become soft.Then soak them in 1/4th cup of cold water with lemon juice for 15 minutes.Take them out and squeez them carefully to drain the excess water.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottomed vessel and add the chopped garlic and dry red whole chili first. At high flame fry them till the nice aroma comes out.Now lower the flame to middle and add the cumin seeds . Let it splutter and add the cashew nuts. Fry little. But be careful so that it cant be burnt.
- Add the chopped onion and capsicum and cook until they become little soft.Fry little and add the soya chunks. Add the ginger paste, chili powder,little salt and saute 2/3 minutes.
- Now add the rice and mix in thoroughly and at the very low flame cook it for 5/6 minutes. Before turning off the flame don't forget to check the seasoning.
- Burnt Garlic and Dry Red Chili Flavoured Soya Fried Rice is ready to serve.
Enjoy Your Food...!