Cheese Chili Toast is one of my most favorite snack recipes which I prepare very frequently at home. For the first time I tasted it in Pizza Hut few years back. That time I was not at all interested in cooking . Gradually my cooking fascination has developed and I started making almost all my favorite preparations which I love to eat outside. Cheese Chili Toast is one of them. Whenever you cant decide what to make for a quick evening snacks try it and I bet you will love your own preparation.
Here is the process:
- Bread Slices: 2 (white /brown or you may use garlic bread too)
- Cheddar Cheese :3/4 tbsp . (In absence of cheddar cheese you may use any processed cheese,even pizza cheese is ok too)
- Green Chili:2/3 ( Chopped)
- Bell Pepper: 1/2 (chopped) ,Green/yellow/red whatever you want (optional though)
- Tomato:1/2 (finely chop,preferably deseeded tomato)
- Onion:1/2 (finely chop)
- Black Pepper Powder:1/2 tsp.
- Salt: as per taste
- Butter: 1 tsp.
- Garlic :1/2 tsp (chopped)
Before I start to write the process I want to mention that you may use any type of bread for making cheese chili toast. But as I like the garlic bread most I use it most of the time . But when I don't have garlic bread in my kitchen pantry to bring little garlic flavour I do the following step. If you don't want you may absolutely skip the step too.
- At first heat the butter in a flat pan. Add the chopped garlic. When the garlic becomes little brown at low to medium flame toast the bread slices very little . Dont over fry or over cook them. It will give the bread slices a nice garlic flavour.Keep the bread separately in a plate.
- Now take a big bowl. Add the chili,chopped onion, bell peppers, tomato, little salt and black pepper powder.Mix well.
- Grate the cheese in the same bowl and mix well.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly onto the bread slices.
- Then just microwave your bread at full power only for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Tip: You may bake the bread slices too. If you want to bake it you don't need to toast the bread before. Just put the garlic into the cheese mixture and then spread the mix on to the bread slices. Then preheat your oven at 160 degree C and then bake the bread slices until the cheese melts.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!