Kanda Poha or Flattened Rice With Onions is a very conventional and delectable breakfast recipe . It is not only good for you but also good for your young one.
Here is the process of making kanda poha.
- Flattened Rice( Thick Variety): 2 Cups
- Onion: 2 Medium ( Finely Chopped)
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp.
- Salt: To Taste
- Sugar: ½ tsp.
- Oil: 2-3 tbsp.
- Asafoetida: A pinch
- Lemon Juice:1 tsp.
- Peanuts: 2 tsp ( soaked in water)
- Curry Leaves: 6-7
- Green Chilli: 2-3 (chopped)
- Coriander Leaves: Chopped, 1 tsp.
- Wash the poha in a colander. Poha should be moist but not mashed. Add salt and sugar and mix lightly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter add asafetida and curry leaves. Saute for half a minute and add onions and continue to sauté.
- Add green Chiliies and mix. Add the turmeric powder and mix. Sauté for two minutes and add the soaked peanuts. You may add thin slices of boiled potato too.
- Mix and cook till the poha is heater though. Add the lemon juice and mix lightly.Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.
Enjoy Your Food...!!